MT. GILEAD BIBLE CAMP & CONFERENCE CENTER STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe in one God who created the universe and exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Matthew 3:16-17, 28:18-20; John 1:1-14; Hebrews 9:14.
2. We believe the Bible is the Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and is without error in the original manuscripts, and our only authority for living life. II Peter 1:20-21; II Timothy 3:16-17.
3. We believe Jesus Christ was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary and is fully God and fully Man. Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:30-35.
4. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of Jesus, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate. Matthew 28:6-7; Acts 1:1-3, 9; I Corinthians 15:3-8, 20.
5. We believe in the second, visible and personal coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, to establish His worldwide Kingdom on earth. Matthew 24:30-31; Luke 21:27; II Thessalonians 2:1-3.
6. We believe man, created in the image of God, and is loved by Him, but through sinful inheritance and choice, is alienated, separated from God and under His righteous judgment. Genesis 3:1-19; Romans 1:18-32, 3:10-18, 21-23, 5:12-19; Ephesians 2:1-3.
7. We believe that Christ died for our sins as a complete sacrifice and that all who repent and believe in Him are justified, received by grace through faith alone, entirely apart from human merit and works. Luke 13:3; John 3:3, 16; Romans 3:20, 4:5-6, 8:33, 10:9-10; Ephesians 2:4-10.
8. We believe in the Holy Spirit, who came to convict the world of sin, and to equip and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ. We believe the Holy Spirit resides in every believer and that He is a constant help, guide and teacher. John 3:3-7, 14:16-17, 16:7-11; Romans 8:14, 26-27; Ephesians 1:13-14; Titus 3:5-6.
9. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, eternal life of the saved and the everlasting separation from God of the unsaved. I Corinthians 6:14, 15:50-54; Jude 12-15; Revelation 20:11-15.
10. We believe that God designed marriage and defined it in the Bible as the lifelong covenant between one man and one woman; all forms of sexual activity outside of biblical marriage fall short of God’s design. Genesis 1:26-28, 2:22-24; Matthew 19:1-12; Ephesians 5:22-23; I Corinthians 6:9-11, 7:1-3; Hebrews 13:4.
11. We believe the Church is commanded to share the good news to all people that Jesus is Lord and this mandate should be a primary concern for all followers of Christ. Matthew 24:14, 28:18-20; Luke 24:46-47; Romans 10:14-15.
Mt. Gilead’s Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. It is the Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind.